Thursday, May 31, 2018

Post 305. THE CONSTANTLY OFFENDED.

THOSE WHO NEVER STOP TAKING OFFENCE.
Will take it now.
Yep. Somebody will take offence at the tone of this post before I so much as get started. And if somebody can invoke a law to stop it being written they'll do that, too. It's their way. We are living in an age of the easily offended and there are a helluva lot of them about: they are the sort who will be mightily offended at being described as 'easily offended.' and I am inclined to the view that their extreme readiness to be so hugely affronted is another ominous hand-me-down from that land of the rising litigation, America.
If you are decrepit and desperate enough to watch daytime television chat programmes in Britain, right now you will be well aware of the words alleged and our lawyers advise. Everybody is scared witless at the thought of being sued.
Fact is, malcontents who are not trying to prise money out of you (and in my case just think 'blood' and 'stone') are eager instead to obtain an apology.
Don't ask me why. Litigation benefits no one but lawyers and an apology is just words. 
Currently I am getting messages from Google urging me (I think) to adhere to their policy on personal something-or-other. Needless to say I don't understand a word of it, but from today I shall print no photos except my own, just in case anything else is what breaches their policy on whatever it is.
The world has gone mad.
TELEVISION.
Peter Kay's Car Share.
We watched The Finale of this wonderful slice of life and, just in case you have not seen it, we thought it was even better than the original. Kay and Sian Gibson are a magical combination.
BBC Music Weekend.
A treat for music lovers of all ages. We particularly enjoyed the combined talent of Nigel Kennedy and Mark King: another magical combination.
And while we are about it...
Later with Jools Holland. It was good to hear Lily Allen again, with Jools on piano, performing her ballad Three. Heartfelt and unique.
That's it. No more to say right now.

No comments: