Sunday, June 30, 2019

Post 330. TOO HOT TO WRITE.

SUFFERING SUMMER ENNUI. 
And running out of rude remarks. 
Which, you may be inclined to agree, has to be a first for me.
Looked back at some of my old copy – it wasn't bad - and found that I have nothing more scathing to say about my pet hates now than I had then. 
Politicians are still self-serving troublemaking twits and reality television is still dumbed-down dross for dickheads. 
Sitting at a desk for hours hasn't done much to diminish my girth, either, but as long as I am able to do it I will. 
It has to be better for me than sitting on a sofa watching the box.
MORE IMPORTANT MATTERS. 
Daughter Roz. 
In her fight back to fitness, Roz is taking long walks with the dog Buddy and weekly trips to the gym with daughter Jess. She still gets very tired, but looks more her old self every day. 
Another baby cat
This is Betty. She is the latest addition to daughter Jac and her partner Mike's household. Don't be fooled by the little legs, apparently she can jump for England and spends unsettlingly long hours exploring her new neighbourhood. 
I like her already and I've not yet seen her. 
Well, you either dote on cats...
TELEVISION. 
We have watched: 
Forces of Nature and The Planets (on BBC Four and BBC Two respectively) presented by the eminently watchable Professor Brian Cox (above). Lots of scenes of the likeable boffin trudging across imitation alien landscapes, but still no evidence of human life beyond earth. 
We enjoyed it for all that. 
We also enjoyed Prunella Scales and Timothy West traversing the canals of Vietnam and Cambodia on their Asian Odyssey
I think they must make any of us over eighty feel deflated and inflated in equal proportion. I couldn't steer a model boat across a boating lake, so their canal barge derring-do somewhat humbles me, but their closeness and generosity of spirit then reminds me how lucky I, too, have been to spend the last fifty seven years with my Mo. 
Break a leg, West family! 
London Kills.
Another London cop series apparently shown in America before it got here. Why? It has a good cast and good scripts and deserves better than the afternoon B picture spot given it by the BBC. It ran for a week and finished. Hell, it's Wimbledon again now and nothing, but nothing, must interfere with that.
FINALLY THIS MONTH. 
The cat Shadow.
Has elected himself Guardian of the Slippers. 
It's an age thing.
Yeah, I know.

No comments: