Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Post 332. FAMILY IN AGADIR, MOROCCO.

CATS COMFORTABLE AT HOME.
We thought Roz's cats, Spike (pictured) and Angel, might miss the dog Buddy, their pal from back when Roz bought
them as kittens and him as little more than a puppy. But with typical feline adaptability they have settled to a comfortable life here without him and thoroughly enjoy being spoilt by two old people. He is being looked after by a nice carer at Freshwater for the entirety of Roz's trip with Jess and Ellis to Agadir. 
One of their holiday adventures will be a balloon flight taking them over part of the Atlas mountains. It sounds wonderful and the sort of thing everybody should do while they are still young enough to enjoy it. 
Me? I love the idea but my heart will be in my mouth until we hear that it's over and they are safe. 
Incidentally, on the eve of their departure for Morocco our Jess received news that she is now a fully fledged Master of Pharmacy: passed her finals with flying colours. We are all so proud and pleased for her. She takes nothing for granted and was convinced - as she always has been after sitting exams - that she had not done particularly well. In the event her marks were spectacularly good. 
Well done again, lovely girl. 
POLITICS. 
THEY DID IT, TOO. 
They selected Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson (born in America, educated at Eton and Oxford) to be Prime Minister of the UK and Leader of the Conservative Party. 
A friend sent me the (surely of Irish design) T shirt picture. Well, let's see how things go when they call the next national election. 
Until then: Judico non hominem ab amicis autem suis hostibus.  
Mr. Johnson will understand that. 
TELEVISION. 
THRILLERS STILL FAVOURITE. 
We saw the second series of M.C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin (Acorn TV) and, like the books, it was tongue-in-cheek fun for those who cannot be constantly concerned about Brexit. We enjoyed it. So, apparently, did 96% of Google users. Won't you sleep better for knowing that? (No reply necessary.) I cannot remember whether we ever watched Keeping Faith but we have accumulated an impressive collection of back episodes of it upon which to binge when the time is right. My Leader will instantly recall every series we've ever seen. I tend to remember in bits and pieces and to gain full recollection only in the last five or ten minutes. (Yeah, I know.) In the meantime we are still occasionally beguiled by very very old repeats of Marple and Foyle. No doubt about it, the thriller is still my favourite genre. 
Now there is talk that the public wants a new Foyle series on its screens. I'll drink to that. It would certainly be better than another load of junk dealers or property related rubbish. 
Reality TV - which unashamedly proliferates - remains my bête noire.
AND THAT'S IT.
I've just seen my latest Post viewing figures.
Ah well.
As dear old Berkeley Grey once said: “What do I care? I only write the bloody things anyway.”

No comments: