Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Post 336. COMING TOGETHER IS SLOW..

BUT HELPED BY FRIENDS. 
Who are not always human. 
I have written very little since we said our last goodbye to dear old Shadow on 30 August. This is just a quick catch up to let readers know that we amble on aided by Roz, Ellis and the animals. 
Their dog Buddy (above) has seemed particularly concerned that we suffer not from loneliness and is now keeping us company every morning in the same way that Shadow did. He takes up much more room on the bed but obviously means well.
My story for children aged nine to ninety nine, The Badgers of Deep Wood, has long been finished and is currently lingering somewhere between “I really ought to try it out on a publisher but am too bloody old to wait around while one after the other of them throws it on the slush pile for a month or two before returning it unread” and “Our (son) Neil has a memory stick copy of it and has occasionally talked about online publishing. But he's a very busy fellow and when it comes to modern technology I am a complete duffer.” 
It's a good yarn and (who knows?) maybe after I've kicked the bucket it will be published. 
Meanwhile I am 134 pages into the reading of Philip Pullman's Book of Dust - Volume Two - The Secret Commonwealth which has just been published and is another master class in the art of story telling. 
I may manage to feign an interest in Brexit, or Extinction Rebellion (or even the next bloody election) by the end of the month, but if I'm not there, start without me. 
So that's it for now, dear reader, except just to mention that it is 
THE BIRTHDAY TODAY 
of our courtesy granddaughter 
lovely Hannah Woods. 
Wishing you a great day 
and a wonderful future, little buddy.



No comments: