Saturday, May 16, 2020

Post 358. TRUTH TO TELL.

CLINT EASTWOOD IS SO RIGHT.
About we anti-socials.
To those like me who spend far too many hours locked in with a computer I doubt there has been a more apposite view on anti-sociability than this one from Clint Eastwood.
What a wonderfully dry observation.
It was sent to my Facebook account which I mostly forget to look at. My cellphone is switched off most of the time, too. I forget to switch it on. Twenty quid's worth ($24) of pay-as-you-go goes a long way with me.
So, for what it's worth, this is a more accurate view of my pandemic world than any other expressed so far.
Sad, ain't it.
WHEN IT'S NOT CORONAVIRUS.
It's still the weather.
Yes, with we Brits the weather is still probably the most regular topic of our everyday conversation next to the vast number of fatalities from Covid 19 (apparently the highest in Europe).
How long it will be before we can return to normal life again, and whether anything will ever be the way it was, is also much discussed.
The former royals Harry and Meghan, thanks largely to their current press image in the UK, get scant mention.
Ah well. They'll survive.
So will chit-chat about the weather.
Eh? Oh, currently sunny with cold winds.
I know, I know...
THEN THERE'S TELEVISION.
Or house hunting.
Most of it (if the sight of a packed bookcase conveniently situated behind even the most vacuous of television personality is to be trusted) around startlingly bookish people. 
No, I don't believe it either.
I do believe that chat show panellists, accustomed to the approval of a compliant audience, are struggling with lockdown broadcasting: none of the popular shows still making an appearance has a comfortable feel to it. Many of them would have been better served staying away and giving their regulars a rest. Off-screen introverts do not react well to intrusion: they embrace their personal space. 
It shows.
SO FOR THE LAST LAUGH.
Trust a smart kid.
Is this why they want 'em back at school?
Enjoy a bit of relaxation.
Don't go socially berserk.

No comments: