Monday, September 21, 2020

POST 370. RECENTLY LOOKED BACK.

AT MY ORIGINAL BLOG POSTS. e.g.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2006
24. As a newcomer to this blog lark...
NOTHING CHANGES. Well, not that much it doesn't. I become slightly more intractable and the people for whom I have the least time become slightly more irksome. My first sizeable bunch of blog posts was dated as above. Entries were brief and pictures were noticeably absent. Back then I was using the pseudonym Justin Thyme and, unknowingly (because I have no crystal ball), was just ahead of the rush to the net by increasingly unsaleable national newspapers.
Looking back I find myself scribbling much the same stuff now as I did then. Have no idea what the papers are saying on the net: I read them no more than any of them reads me. Still read the i in print six days a week. Our corner shop delivers it and I pay the full price for it: have never joined the i 'buy in bulk' price reduction scheme and suspect it's only the carefully rich among us who have. It was an innovative idea though.
Now I am pondering yet again whether to keep scribbling or - as I regularly snarl at political pundits on television - give it a fuckin' rest.
Oh, I'll probably just carry on. Nothing changes. Well, not that much. Government advice does: all the time. So, I'm sorry to say, does my twenty first century propensity for foul language.

Keep reading the tablets, eh?

No comments: