Saturday, March 06, 2021

Post 385. TO THOSE STILL LOOKING IN.

THANKS AGAIN.

YEP. THANKS for staying with me.
You are, as the actor Andy Serkis might say, precious.
I do worry that my meanderings may have become tediously personal of late, but I'm too ancient and dyed-in-the-wool to change now. No matter how anticipated, the death
 of family members and friends in recent months, together with the latest pandemic lockdown, has been a soberingly introspective experience. I need a new CD cleaner, too. 
What? 
Oh, thought I'd throw that in apropos introspection.
My Leader will immediately point me in the direction of the almost unused old one which my ever active mind has somehow forgotten. Or she may have ordered a new one before anyone can blink. 
John who delivers the Amazon stuff lives in our driveway.
ENTERTAINMENT.

WELL IT'S ONLY THE TV now, isn't it.
Sorry to harp on, but little of it is to my taste. I dislike being fobbed off with increasingly banal versions of the same old mishmash. Television producers (to whom originality is clearly a dirty word) lazily modify everything they see as popular and plug it to way past its going home time. I cheerfully avoid much of it.
Have looked in on the opening episodes of The Walking Dead and NCIS. Not sure, but give 'em Covid time.
Have recently seen three quite interesting films (two old, one new) on the box. They were interesting insofar as they featured a recognised leading man with a comparatively unknown young co-star.
Back in 1973 Charles Bronson and sixteen year old Vincent Van Patten were in Chino, in 2012 Jason Statham and thirteen year old Catherine Chan were in Safe and, as recently as 2020, Tom Hanks and twelve year old Helena Zengel made News of the World.
Each of the leading actors shone in scenes with their likeable co-star. I think actors are generally advised to avoid acting with animals or children, but those partnerships were pretty nigh perfect.
THIS PARTNERSHIP ISN'T BAD, EITHER.
TAKE IT EASY.
Cheers.



No comments: