Monday, January 24, 2022

Post 415. FIRST CAME THE SOMEWHAT INVASIVE INTERVIEW.

THEN ENDOSCOPY (GASTROSCOPY AND COLONOSCOPY).

THEN CAME MRI  AND, A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER, CT.
Then, following another and again somewhat invasive interview, confirmation of what any health wise reader may have surmised: cancer has caught up with me. In the top and tail examinations the top was fine but the tail disclosed an unwelcome growth on the bowel that will, barring any change in arrangements, now be treated by radio therapy at a hospital in Southampton. My GP surgery has rung today to book me in for a blood test early in February, so nobody is letting the grass grow under their feet.
I am too sane to be a hero (most of the heroes I met in my army days were, at least slightly, unhinged), but from the outset of it all I realized that a small degree of fatalism had to be adopted. The majority of my old pals are long dead and gone and, at ninety one, I can't go on forever.
Come what may, though, I am blessed with the love and support of Mo and our family and have experienced only kindness and efficiency from the health professionals I have so far met.
And that's it for now.
Back before the month ends with something other than me.
Watch out for newly unfettered cyclists.         

1 comment:

Jac said...

I have already arranged your 'surprise' (until now) 100th birthday party - and the Queen is prepped for the telegram - so you are obliged to hang on in or risk me losing my deposit and disappointing HRH. Anything else would be selfish.