Monday, February 14, 2022

Post 417. ANOTHER OF THOSE DAYS.

WHEN ALL WAS GOING WELL

THEN I LOST MY BLOG POST.
Yep, Saturday was another of those days when I lost it: a nigh on complete (not badly written if I do say so myself) blog post. It was there until Google inexplicably took me onto a new, blank, page and I found myself unable to retrieve anything that had gone before.
Christ I could do with the help of a teenage IT wizard sometimes!
So here I am today to celebrate St. Valentine's Day, the Exact Middle-of-the-Month Day, and a Den's Feeling Bloody-Minded Day. And I shall reiterate my list of moans rather than just carp on about Google.
I started with the premise that nobody in Britain is worth £125,000 a week for kicking a bloody football about, let alone a cat, and certainly not when there are paramedic staff earning no more than £16,000 a year. I went on to report - in retrospect probably unnecessarily - that I seldom watch The Vine Show on Channel 5 anymore: still look in if Yasmin Alibhai Brown or Owen Jones is a guest, but eschew any former UKIP little Englander or former hack now purporting to be 'a broadcaster,' particularly if he incessantly boasts about his 'penthouse flat in the stockbroker belt' yet seems devoid of the funds to buy a razor. I also wondered how many transmitters broadcasting to a couple of dozen streets from a garage in London there can possibly be.
On the positive side,I played Roy Orbison on the Steepletone and, in response to a recent disclosure by Yasmin A-B that she has undergone 'tests' in hospital, expressed the hope of Mo and I that it would turn out to be nothing too serious.We've never met her, but we like her. She says it the way it is. So do we.
I shall finish now with the item I was starting upon when I was so abruptly Googled.
An open email to radio presenter Alexander Armstrong (Classic FM).
Hi AA,
Would be most grateful if you could play The Scherzo from Litolff's Concerto Symphonique No.4. for me. It was the tuning up piece of an instrumentalist (reputed to be a concert pianist doing his national service) in the band of the Royal Signals circa 1948 and, as the band hut was but a very short distance from the hut where I was supposed to be training as a radio mechanic, probably explains why I eventually became a wireless operator.
E&M was no match for the maestro. Never did learn his name, either.
Love from us on the Isle of Wight.
PS. Could you also send me one of your nice fellows in a peaked hat, yellow uniform, and shiny boots and gaiters, please? Just to look the car over. I never see any of them on the road now and I used to so enjoy being saluted. Cheers

What? That's not you?  




No comments: