Sunday, July 24, 2022

Post 436. WHEN TECHNOLOGY LETS ME DOWN

 I AM FURIOUS.

EVEN IF IT IS MY OWN FAULT.
I have lost track of the number of times I have cursed to hell Google and everybody who works for it. The last time was at the conclusion of Post 435 (the one that says technology is wonderful) which originally concluded with a picture and a few more lines but then did that weird transference onto a one page too many page that retains your last few words but loses absolutely everything preceding them. Don't ask. It's a Google Blog thing. Perhaps it has something to do with taking up too much valuable space on the net. I dunno.
But I like a bit of space: it's the reason I don't do TikTok or why I constantly overlook bandying niceties on Facebook (from whom I recently received notice that there were twenty seven
messages awaiting my attention). It's not deliberate rudery or obtuseness. It's forgetfulness combined with a lack of technical savvy. I'm not proud of it, but I'm too old to care about it. 
I am also too old to blame Google when I bugger up the blog. Which won't stop me doing it.
What's life if you can't occasionally curse them up there?
THIS IS THE PICTURE
THAT CONCLUDED MY LAST POST.
Her name is Betty and she is standing in for our daughter, Jacqueline.
Why?
Because I don't have a single picture of Jackie, with or without Mike, on my computer.
What did I say? It's forgetfulness combined with...
Have a good holiday.
Try to avoid the road to Dover

No comments: