Wednesday, October 05, 2022

Post 448. AN INCARCERATED CELL PHONE

LOCKED IN THE LIVING ROOM.

MY MOBILE STAYS IMMOBILE.
Like me it is very old and, like me most of the time, not switched on. As those good folk who sometimes check up on my meanderings will know, I annually resolve to open it up every day and regularly forget to do so. As those good folk etc. will also know, I don't much like telephones: spent too many NHS desk jockey years putting up with unwanted calls from irate health professionals to now regard a phone as anything other than a device with which to impart/import information. So, in the typical way of most blokes, I neither shop nor phone for fun.
THE JOY OF NOT BEING FAMOUS.
If you treasure your personal privacy, being famous must often be a thoroughgoing nuisance.
It is said that total strangers may regard you as their friend and some even feel they own you. Since I have never been and will never be famous, you may wonder why I now broach the matter. But the reason is a simple one: I am drawn to it by the recent step-backs from their workday world of such famous figures as concert pianist Philip Fowke, broadcaster Jeremy Paxman and, only today, the musical icon Daniel Barenboim. For such famous people, the realization that age and/or illness will determine an end to their customary high standard of performance, and thus mean their departure from it, must be pretty damned depressing. No matter how accustomed to public appearance they may be, making an announcement about it must be a daunting prospect. 
When I retired only the next guy down the ladder cared, He got my office. 
That's the joy of not being famous.
TO CONCLUDE.
IT IS TEACHERS' DAY 2022.
According to Google and I doubt they will be wrong.
Pity they were not able to add that teachers' pay will now go up worldwide. It won't, will it
But thanks for the info, Google.
Cheers one and all. Especially teachers.     
 
       

No comments: