Thursday, May 30, 2024

Post 507. WHERE WENT SPRING?

 THE FLOWERS ARE HERE

BUT NOT THE CLIMATE.
It has been a cold month, and I am still dressed for Autumn. I'm of shivery disposition, though, so I asked around. Everybody agreed. It has been a cold month. Now there is an election in the offing, and scarcely a worthwhile candidate in sight. Never rains but it pours, does it? Well I said it a few posts back; I'll not vote. So I'll deserve what I get? A clothes post with a blue ribbon?
Excuse me if I look unimpressed.
TELEVISION.
Rob and Rylan's Grand Tour. (BBC) This priceless pair did, in a three part series, the grand tour that was once the province of the poet Byron and assorted upper crust dilettantes.
I was prepared to dismiss it as yet another expensive holiday gifted to media names. Wrong!
It turned out to be great fun, and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
Motorhoming with Merton and Webster. (Channel 5)
Paul Merton and his wife, Suki Webster, took in the motorhoming scene in a six part series.
They came across as a happy couple, Good scenery, gentle conversation; lack of concern for white van drivers and miles of following traffic: honestly, there was nothing to dislike in any of it.
Come back soon
You too.    

No comments: