Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Post 509. STILL WRITING.

WHY? (Stock shot of old bloke at keyboard)

BECAUSE I CAN...
Those select souls who look in are worth every moment of the increasingly concentrated effort required by me to complete a seemingly simple scribbling. I tire quickly now, and would not be surprised if they did too. But, bless 'em, they stick with it. I strictly edit it, because this is the twenty first century and some critical clown will be determined to diss me at the hint of an un pc word. Fortunately the people who discreetly run it all do believe in discretion. Good ol' Google.
Mo is meeting friends Sue and Heather at Sue's house this afternoon. Gives me writing time. 
AND IT SAVES ME FROM TV.
Which, to my surprise, has of late given us some weirdly wonderful viewing combinations. A few nights ago we saw  a repeat of the film Darkest Hour, directed by Joe Wright, with award winning actor Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill. (a watchable evocation of fictionalized facts), and on the same evening saw the finale of The Piano wherein all the finalists bettered their railway station performances, tears bucketed, Claudia, Lang Lang and Mika looked possessively emotional, and I wondered .(as I do when television people are involved) whether the finalists were really there for their pianistic skills, or for their "great tele innit?" appeal. I fear the latter in all but the youngest performer (Lang Lang insisted on his inclusion) 10 year old Sum: a future star if ever there was one.
But they were all great entertainment and I wish each of them well.
CURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS.
My current email address,  in case I haven't already told you, is dennis.barnden@gmail.com.
 Always pleased to hear from friendly folk. 
The unfriendly will be ignored, told to hop it or, if they are of musical bent, to Carl Orff.  
Cheers, one and all.

 

No comments: