Saturday, July 20, 2024

Post 512. SUMMER IS HERE.

IT ARRIVED YESTERDAY.

WE WENT TO THE DENTIST.
Mo drove us to Ventnor for the yearly dental check-up. I was OK I think Mo has a bit of tinkering to take care of  and will be visiting again at the end of the month. It was a pleasure to meet up with Tim Fradgley. and his lovely crew again. As experiences go it far outweighed sitting on a beach in the sunshine: I was sunburned in Cyprus over seventy years ago. Now I admire summer from a sensible distance.
TELEVISION.
The High Country. We binge-watched this Australian series. Yeah. OK. Interesting.
FOOTBALL.
England lost to Spain, so the bookies were right. When aren't they?
TENNIS.
Mo watched the Wimbledon finals and said they were good.. I had a sleep.
THE PROMS.
They're back! The 2024 BBC Proms started on Friday, 19th July, with a largely female slant, Clive Imrie, Sandi Toksvig, and Nicola Benedetti were the presenters. The BBC Symphony Orchestra was conducted by Elim Chan. The programme ended with Beethoven's 5th Symphony,. Worth staying with, if only for that. I usually avoid gimmick nights, and modern so-called music is anathema to me: but the orchestra  was in fine form and Ms Chan is a splendid conductor. A promising start.
Come Last Night let's have no nonsense over Land of Hope and Glory.
The lyrics are rubbish, but it doesn't kill anyone.  
.


 

No comments: