Thursday, January 15, 2009

116. New stuff on the box

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (Series 9).
Here we go again. Dear, likeable Warrick Brown, played by Gary Dourdan, shot at the end of the last series, breathed his last at the beginning of this.
It was harrowing, beautifully acted by the entire cast, left Grissom saturated with blood that ill-matched the new colour of his hair, beard and moustache and left everyone else close to tears. There are twenty four parts to the series. Don't know about you but we can stand that.

Relocation, Relocation.
I like Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer, so I feel a trifle guilty when I find myself saying: "Oh gawd, not that Relo-bloody-cation again!"
Well at least, I tell myself, they occasionally get a couple of their clients to buy something, even if the publicity seeking misfits do drop out as soon as the camera is off them.
Same can't be said for that lovely Pompey girl Amanda-lamba-landa-lamba-Lamb (A Place in the Sun), who I also like. Her alleged property seekers exist only to wander around in the sun, admire Amanda's soon-to-be-a-mum figure and depart with the we-won't-be-buying-now-but-we'll-be-back-in-the-future line that nobody believes, not even them.
I suppose it is a good living for these pleasant presenters. They are dealing with some thoroughly tiresome twits - not to mention estate agents - so there has to be ample compensation.
Trouble is, I don't give a twopenny damn who does or doesn't move, or where to, so long as it's not around here. Too many old buggers have come here to avoid the rat race and succeeded in bringing it with them.
But that's another story.

Ice Road Truckers.
Those supreme lunatics Alex, father of eleven children and seven grandchildren, Hugh, the polar bear, and Rick and Drew, the uncertain finishers, are back.
This time they are driving those thumping great loads over hundreds of miles of frozen ocean. It's a thirteen part series and we shall miss none of it.

WAKE UP!
"Been a quiet start to the year," I remarked to the cat Shadow, more by way of making conversation than anything else.
"Too quiet if you ask me," he replied. "Makes me wonder what shenanigans you're up to when it's this quiet."
"I have no idea what you are talking about," I said loftily.
"Oh yes you do. This time it's that little animated wake-up film. You're hoping to put it on the blog, aren't you."
"I've still no idea what you're talking about," I said, less convincingly.
"Never try to bullshit a bullshitter," he said. "You'll have to tell them it isn't me."
"And you think they'll believe me when I say it isn't you? It's you all over."
He thought for a moment: "Yeah, it is a bit, ain't it," he said smugly.
(Judge for yourself, click here...)
wake-up.wmv






That's a good enough note to finish on.

No comments: