Thursday, February 22, 2024

Post 499. IF YOU'RE NOT A GAMER

OR A MOBILE PHONE HUGGER

YOU'RE IN MY WORLD.
On the unworldly assumption that no change, for whatever reason, is ever for the better, I have survived thus far into 2024 without switching on my mobile phone each day or even looking for my (doubtless battery flat) ipad. I cannot bother to sit at my computer killing off fictional aliens, and I have been 'silent walking' for donkey's years. If that makes me 'Dennis no mates,' so be it.
If you are lost on a mountain and in danger of death (why do they do it?) then a phone call to a rescue team is a godsend. If you are a beleaguered mind seeking solace a phone conversation with some fixated crank can be a sadly fatal way out. A voice in your ear cannot match face to face contact. NHS patients in their droves are currently discovering that and will, I fear, continue to do so until whatever government of the day finally puts paid to the service altogether.
Never think NHS survival is a certainty. Insurance companies and Americans hover greedily.
Reality in all its forms encompasses us at an alarming rate. Politicians and the media regard us as gullible children. Professionalism, in anything but lying and deception (politics), is increasingly being replaced by puerile amateurism (just look at your tele). The world has gone bloody mad.
But cheer up. If you were born in a leap year you can have a birthday party soon.
That's enough until then.
Be lucky.
    

No comments: