Thursday, February 29, 2024

Post 500. INCREASINGLY MONITORING

MY TELEVISION VIEWING.

TO SIDESTEP REALITY.
Sidestepping reality TV is a hard thing to do. The 'everybody will get fifteen minutes of fame' era is upon us, so it's cheap viewing for the easily pleased.
In my quest to avoid the intolerant views of  former gutter press journalists and Brexiteers under whatever current guise, I have all but abandoned the Jeremy Vine programme on Channel 5: might look in if there seems to be somebody of interest to me, but most of the token celebrities and failed old hacks who regularly appear are, to my mind, ignorable seat fillers.
By much the same token, I am too old and set in my ways to welcome programmes full of happy young souls setting Surrey, Kent, or Camberwell alight. Good luck to 'em, but I don't need watch. Nor do I bother with football now: the soccer world is a money pit packed with falling down foreigners and managers bravely wrestling with the English language. How the hell does Gareth Southgate pick an England team? There are scarcely any English players left in the Premiership.
All of which is an elderly mither that will probably be registered as racist, sexist, ageist (or a 'phobia')  by many of those who climb aboard every twenty first century bandwagon going by.
WELL, IT IS LEAP DAY, SO
AND A HAPPY BIRTHDAY 
to any 100 year old celebrating their twenty fifth birthday today. 
Enjoy it.


No comments: