Monday, August 26, 2024

Post 515. AN UNUSUAL WEEK

FOR US 


SOME NEW FRIENDS. 
Becky, an experienced nurse, and Connor, a soon-to-be GP, visited us last week, They came from Mountbatten Hospice. Newport, to acquaint us with the myriad activities and treatments currently underway at the hospice, and to induct me into the Mountbatten Coordination Centre to which I had been referred (by whom I am still not sure). They were friendly and lively and a breath of fresh air, and such time as I have left in this world already feels the better for their visit.
I seldom leave the house now, so to what extent Mo and I will be able to take up their invitation to visit the obviously highly active  on-site John Cheverton Centre, let alone the cafe, is unsure.
But we'll see. 
TELEVISION.
We watched films this weekend. Best of the bunch was Big Game (2014) starring Samuel L. Jackson as the President of the USA and Onni Tommila as a Finnish boy who saves him from those who should be protecting him. The film was made in Finland and the director was Jalmari Helander  Very watchable.

HOME.
Our grandson has been away, so the house felt empty. 
He got back whilst I was writing this
All is well.
I'm off for a doze.
Cheerio.

No comments: