Monday, September 16, 2024

Post 516. BEEN AND GONE.

 THE PROMS.

LAST NIGHT.
We watched the last night of the Proms part one (BBC2) and two (BBC1) slightly perplexed that eight weeks had gone by and we seemed to have missed most pf it. Oh well. The run back programmes didn't convince me we'd missed much. I'm too old for musical re-education.
But the last night was good. American mezzo-soprano Angel Blue proved to be the right choice in every respect, and her appearances with English concert pianist Sir Stephen Hough were high spots in an eclectic programme. The Promenaders expect a show-stopping encore nowadays and, in Stephen Hough's own arrangement of the Sherman Brothers Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, they got exactly what they had been waiting for. Wonderful. 
There was the usual cheerful, harmless, rendition of inane lyrics to superb Elgar tunes, a nice little speech from BBC Symphony Orchestra  conductor Sakari Oramo and it was time for Katie Derham to close it all down for another year. Been and gone.
HEALTH.
I'm still getting very tired. It's to be expected. Had one (thankfully brief) moment of haematuria
 (Consutant Mr. Akhtar warned me I would) but currently as close to normal as I can hope to be.  Mo still struggles daily and seldom complains. That's age, my dears, that's age. 
FILM.
We watched a rather good modernish western. Two old guys of the sheriff ilk. Can't remember the title. They both got through it anyway.  It was never a big name production but 
we enjoyed it.
MO's AT THE IRONING AS USUAL. 
I'M FINISHED HERE FOR NOW.
CHEERS ALL



No comments: