Thursday, October 19, 2006

39. A little light editing

ENOUGH WORK FOR ONE DAY.

I went for it a couple of days back.
Did a little light editing.
It was quite enough work for one day.
Went through the lot.
Tried to make my words look slightly less like squeezed up blocks compressed into their Posting boxes and scared to break out.
Tried to modify any fulsome praise, too.
Fulsome praise is just not British.
This is the first bit of scribbling I've done since.
I was knackered.

ABSCONDED?

Funny thing is, I seem to have lost my first attempt at a blog.
I think it may have said something uncomplimentary about my local council.
They, like the power-mad everywhere, are a bunch of tossers.
I know it finished inviting any of you who cared to look in occasionally to do so, but if you didn't, sod it, who cared?
Anyway it's gone.
You don't think the Blogmaster could have censored it, do you?
Na-a-ah. I expect it just absconded.

THOSE DAUNTLESS TRIPPERS.

Joy of joys!
Unscathed by forward Frenchmen or bombs in Bali those dauntless trippers Claire and Lara are still TrippingOnWords.
It seems they are together again in Mongolia, or some such place where The Hordes gather.
Whatever.
It still sounds dangerous to me.
But walking in our little town is dangerous since the council introduced a bus lane the flow of which runs contrary to that of all the other traffic.
Beware local council planning, kids.
Otherwise, keep tripping.
My vow to read the last Harry Potter book and see all the films before I kick the bucket is now equalled only by my determination to see your intrepid travels through to a glorious conclusion.

CSI: MIAMI.

It was the fourteenth episode of a twenty five parter in series four.
A pair of film students had written a screenplay which mirrored unbelievable murders.
Who on earth convinced the watchable David Caruso to adopt that ludicrous affectation with the sunglasses?
Whoever.
Obviously tossers aren't the prerogative of local councils.

No comments: