Monday, January 15, 2007

55. At last 2007!

MADE IT!

I did complete a post.
Took me the entire afternoon last Monday.
Came to the Publish bit and everything went haywire.
The computer had been intermittently playing silly baskets since the beginning of the year and it chose that moment to lose the lot.
Nothing went right after that.
Until today.
Today Neil, the Cornish guru, studied the problem via Skype.
I pointed our camera at the screen while he dispensed instructions and did some educated guesswork.
Worked surprisingly well.
He has Emailed me a possible solution.
Within minutes of our parting company my broadband problem service rang.
I must admit that after a couple of days I had begun to think that the biggest problems were (1) to contact them and (2) to understand them when you did.
This time it was a readily understandable chap with a degree in patience and tact.
It took ages, mind, and left me feeling somewhat ashamed of my intolerance with all the previous waiting.
I suppose they're dealing with lengthy problems and difficult customers every day.
It's just that when you have been told you will be in a queue, or given a time to expect a call...Ah well.
In the end, though, problem sorted.
So I'm up and running in 2007.
Unless this whole thing goes pear shaped on me as soon as I try to publish.

No comments: