Wednesday, January 17, 2007

56. Up, Up and Away!

BACK AGAIN WITH HIGH HOPES.

Late this afternoon I found myself back in touch with the world without resorting to magic.
I think both Merlin and Albus Dumbledore would have been impressed by the tortuous route I had been taking to break out of the Outlook Express/Blogger prison in which I found myself.
But at last I appear to be free.
So as Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington, once said: " Publish and be damned!"
My thanks as ever go to my long-suffering son and, this time, to the Broadband Band at Tesco's broadbandsupport, too.
I am back again - with high hopes!

BULLIES ARE STILL SCUM.

The news in the last couple of days has included an item about a Bollywood star in the Big Brother house who, it is alleged, has been mercilessly bullied by fellow occupants.
Viewers have complained of racial discrimination and ceaseless mockery.
As I have remarked before, I do not watch any of this unreal reality crap.
So why a girl from any film world would choose to join such a show is beyond me.
Are they paid that much to have some voyeuristic little prick who calls himself a television producer train a camera on them day and night?
And so far as the guilty housemates are concerned, bullies really are scum.
Surely it is time now to drop this excuse for entertainment altogether.
Pay a few more actors.
Make a few more films and plays.
Bring back variety.
Gawdalmighty! Go mad if you have to!
Teach Jade Goody to juggle!

No comments: