Saturday, January 20, 2007

58. Bloggerdom is a very big place indeed

THOSE CUSSED BLOGS OF NOTE.

I have allowed myself to be influenced by the BlogEd's cussed
Blogs Of Note again.
Fatal mistake.
I am still enjoying TrippingOnWords at least once a week and have been brought down to earth by the realization that Bloggerdom is a very big place indeed.
Not all of it is given over to advertisements, technical photographs and bloggerdegook.
Yesterday I sat enthralled at the Adventures of the Urban Cowgirl.
This lovely Londoner moved to New Zealand last year.
Her description of being swung above a gorge on some sort of rope and wire device is priceless.
Scared to tears, but fuck it, she'd paid for it.
Her search for a job took me back fifty years.
The BlogEds didn't stop there.
They put me on to gilest.org where the freelance writer Giles Turnbull had me laughing aloud at his experience with an old couple's narrow boat and head shaking with admiration at his determination to mend a washing machine.
Neither of these bloggers is just a keyboard tapper.
Both will have a go at something active.
Think I might take a stroll down town later on.

MORE MIDSOMER MURDERS.

Yep, they're back to their killing ways again. A new three part series of Midsomer Murders started last night on ITV1.
A walk up a long driveway still has dear old John Nettles sounding as though he has run a mile.
Dead bodies can appear in pairs.
Patrick Troughton's son, David, and the West's boy, Samuel, were (as they are in just about everything nowadays) welcome guests.
I wrestled with falling asleep because after ten I can do that,
My Leader shouted me awake a couple of times.
I enjoyed every waking moment..
They can keep their all too serious reality television.
At the same time I recorded NCIS followed by Law And Order; Criminal Intent.
Probably it will be more of Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon) and Det Robert Goran (Vincent D'Onofrio) trying to convince me that murderers who have been set free by plea bargaining can gain access to any secure establishment in America and open fire on the hapless denizens.
I shall scoff at the notion.
I shall check on Mark Harmon's haircut.
I shall remark that there must be a competition going on between Vincent D'Onofrio and David Caruso for the title America's Most Mannered Actor.
And I shall enjoy the entire silliness of it all.

No comments: