Sunday, October 31, 2021

Post 409. ANOTHER MONTH ENDED.

THE CLOCKS HAVE GONE BACK.

AND AS USUAL
Some smartarse tried to convince me I'd get an extra hour's sleep. I didn't and I won't for at least a  month or more.. It is not perversity. It is the inbuilt time clock. I shall be awake and ready to get up at around a quarter to nine British Summer Time until nigh on Christmas and maybe right up to the end of the year. I awoke at bang on 8.45 BST this morning and went around making sure all the clocks - except the one on the oven which is a bugger to mess about with - were put back to what they have to read now. I'll sort out the oven when I can find the instruction book and the patience. It was raining buckets outside and the guttering is leaking badly in a couple of places which didn't help my mood.  Lord knows what this bloody hour thing does to night shift workers, but (as I boringly say every year) it sure niggles me.
I know: the words GET and A LIFE spring to mind. Thus to
THOSE TEDIOUS MEDIA TYPES.
Why are so many real life media types totally unlike the person they transform into when faced by a microphone or camera? Hear them chatter to their own kind on radio or television and butter wouldn't melt. They come alive. They are the nicest, most approachable, people in the world. Run  across them away from the spotlight and they are so far up themselves you would want no conversation whatsoever with them, not even from six feet away with a mask on.
Most of them will be given honours by HM or the Government. Ah well.
I'VE GOT ALL I WANT.
He does his best to stand in for Shadow.
And it never varies.
He and his sister are much valued.
Cheers.    
 

No comments: