Wednesday, September 27, 2006

21. My blog never gets created under my own blog address name, does yours?

My blog never gets created under my own blog address name, does yours?
I am used to it now, but in the beginning I found it slightly disconcerting.
Not only am I not recognized by the name initially used in my Blogger Account but I am constantly required to improvise different and utterly bizarre combinations of that name and others before I get the magic 'go ahead.'
I think it's wonderful.
It's what modern technology should be about.
I bet there is sound reasoning behind it, too, if only I could trouble to find out.
Of course, it might just be some bright spark's cock-up, but I don't think so.
Maybe someday I'll investigate.
Don't hold your breath.

It is Friday and, although I have not checked up, I expect those two intrepid TrippingOnWords lasses are canoeing down the Nile or trekking across the Sahara or surf-riding the shark-infested waters of Australia or something.
I've had quite enough excitement this week.
Grandson Ellis (15 months) has been in every day with his Bob The Builder and Balamory DVDs.
I do hope I can banish the bloody theme tunes from my head before he brings them back on Monday.

Meanwhile, Ian Rankin's Edinburgh based DI John Rebus is on the box again tonight.
Ken Stott, another screen stealing actor.
The part was played in the past by John Hannah. He was good, but he was never Rebus.
The actor who should have been given the role in that series was the formidable James Cosmo.
He was cast as a crook.
However, it's Ken Stott now and he is whoever he wants to be.
Never mind what the Radio Times critic says, I shall watch it.
If it gets too slow I can always hum the tunes to Bob The Builder and Balamory.

Justin Thyme

No comments: