Friday, September 29, 2006

29. The Oldies - Begone!

THE BEGINNING OF THE DETECTIVES.
You need a bit of luck in any undertaking and, in lieu of an eight year old living next door, our bit of luck this week came in the form of son Neil, living some two hundred and fifty miles away. Not only did he turn a collection of snippets into something representing a blog, but he suggested the alternative title to The Oldies.

I was not sorry to say 'begone!' to The Oldies. For some time I had been trying to think up a new name. It would have been easier had I not become absorbed in just how clever are the titles concocted by other bloggers. Look at Claire and Lara with their TrippingOnWords. I tried a few variations starting with SlippingOnTurds and progressing to even less savoury and more plagiaristic alternatives before retreating in despair. Theirs is a crafted and descriptive title. I was not going to equal it. So there you are, you see. What luck!

QUICK TELETALK.
It's Rebus again tonight. Should he turn a blind eye to skullduggery involving local bigwigs? What do you think? Yeah...you know...
And oh, there was a film on last night called Dogma. It went on until well after twelve and that's after my bedtime, so I taped it. Couldn't miss it altogether. It stars Ben Affleck and Matt Damon. But, more importantly, Alan Rickmans is in it.

No comments: