Wednesday, September 27, 2006

16. So far this week it has been all systems go

So far this week it has been all systems go for those of us who are mesmerized by daft detective stories on television.
We have had NCIS with Mark Harmon and his badly cast haircut.
We have had Law & Order: Special Victims Unit with the ubiquitous Richard Belzer as serial policeman John Munch.
We have had Midsomer Murders with Bergerac turned Barnaby John Nettles and we are midway through a two part Dalziel & Pasco with Warren Clarke in splendidly bad-tempered form as Dalziel (pronounced De-ell and don't you forget it).

My Leader caught a glimpse of yesterday's Post and said that it appeared she was being depicted as knowing less about football than the cat.
When I pointed out that I certainly know less about football than the cat she said: 'Maybe, but does he understand the current offside rule?'
Well, y'know, I had to admit that I have never asked him.
Fortunately she did not pursue the matter or I might have let slip that even if he did understand it chapter and verse and diligently explained it to me several times over, when he finished I still would not have a single clue what he was talking about.

Come back Motty, all is forgiven.
Justin Thyme

No comments: