Wednesday, September 27, 2006

3. TOGs... Elderlies...

Trouble is, when you start you cannot imagine the magnitude of this blog lark.
It turns out there is a long long list of Oldies of various denominations.
Golden O's by the dozen, High and Lowbrow O's. Old Gits, you name them.
And there was I thinking we would be, if not unique, at least part of a small band. Maybe I'll have to change our title now.
Wonder how many Ancients there are? Or Elderlies? Shan't even consider TOGs, Terry Wogan's got thousands of them, none of them using their own name and who can blame them?
Come to think of it, perhaps I should follow their understandably cautious example and start calling myself Justin Thyme. It has a certain ring to it don't y'think? If I stick with it I may even be invited onto that Miserable Old Gits programme on the box.
None of them's old, anyway. If it was accurately named it would be called Grumpy Middle-Aged Twats. Most of the things they are currently saying I was saying thirty years ago. I said them better, too, but with a smaller audience because (thank Who or Whatever) I was never a fading celebrity, a failed politician (and which of them isn't?) or a 'resting' thespian.
I was never a former editor, either. I was never anything very much.
But now I guess I'm a blogger ( been called worse) and at my age, too...

No comments: